Global Undergraduate Leaders Program
The Global Undergraduate Leaders Program (GULP) is an innovative cohort-based leadership program for student leaders at the University of Minnesota. It is a year-long co-curricular (not for credit) program that connects undergraduate students at the University of Minnesota and undergraduate students at Australian National University (ANU). Students at both universities collaborate virtually to embark on a leadership journey providing opportunities to enhance cross-cultural communication and global awareness. The Global Undergraduate Leaders Program includes a two-week service trip abroad during winter break, where U of M students will meet the students from ANU in person and jointly work on a project of global significance. The location of the service trip for the incoming cohort will be to Chiang Mai, Thailand, and surround areas.
The cost of the program is approximately $4,000, including the plane tickets and program fee. Students selected to participate in GULP are encouraged to fundraise to help cover program costs. Scholarships may also be available.
Application & Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following qualifications for entrance into GULP:
- A U of M student not in their first year (Students who are graduating in May of 2017 are not eligible, as this is a year long program starting in spring 2017)
- Commit to all dates and activities of the program
- Commit to attending the two week service trip abroad in January 2018
- Commit to pay all fees on time. Students will sign a cancellation and non-refundable policy once accepted into the program. Estimated cost is $4,000 payable in sums throughout the year beginning in March. Scholarships and fundraising opportunities are available.
- Be in good academic standing.
To apply to the GULP 2017 Cohort, click here, and complete the application by November 18, 2016. Students will participate in an interview process in late November/early December and will be notified of their acceptance into the program by the end of the fall semester.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.